- Get all your friends involved. Each friend needs to be responsible for a portion of the planning, from hotel to transportation, things to do to overall budget (you catch my drift).
- Decide on your travel date. To stay on budget, plan weekend trips (shorter = cheaper) and research special deals. TIP: avoid holidays like spring break, summer, memorial day, etc.
- Arrange Childcare. If you are traveling on the weekend, perhaps dad will be home but for mid week travel, it’s probably a good idea to plan your trip when the kids are in school so they can to stick to their routine. Also, keep in mind family and friends that can help out. Be careful when you give the real reason for going off – some friends may get jealous!
- Travel. If all your friends are in the same city, carpooling could work. If not, plan to stay at hotels, cottages, etc that have free shuttle to the airport or in town.
- Plan Meals. Cook for a few days so dads (or baby sitter) can heat and serve
Write out a schedule of the kids' daily activities to help keep Dad on track while you're away.
- Before you go: check the Internet for weather, travel warnings etc. Its best to be prepared for any and everything.
- Have FUN!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Sure you are excited about your girlfriend getaway but before you go, here are some tips to keep you on track: